World War II was in full swing during the early 1940s and U.S. coinage reflected changes as copper and nickel were critically needed materials for armaments. From 1942 to 1945 regular Jefferson nickels were replaced with silver-alloy types. To distinguish these coins from regular issues, large mintmarks appeared above the Monticello dome on the reverse. The letter P was used for the first time on Philadelphia nickels normally coins produced in Philadelphia carried no mintmark at all. In 1943 battleship gray steel cents replaced copper issues, but their different weight caused problems in coin machines. To resolve that issue, from 1944 to 1946 cents were output with copper retrieved from casings of fired bullets and artillery shells. Our three coin set will include an average circulated specimen of each of these World War II treasures.